Do I Need a Septic System?
How Do I Know If I Need A New Septic System?
- Is your yard wet during the dry season?
- Do you have a bad odor coming from the yard?
- Do you have thick green grass growing in one area of your yard?
- Does your drains gurgle when you take a shower or do laundry?
- Are your drains running slowly?
- Do you have an unexplained sink hole in your yard? (this is very dangerous)
These are all indications that your septic system need attention. Older systems used steel septic tanks that had a short lifespan and needs to be replaced after 10-20 years. Drain fields (or leach beds) have an average lifespan of 10-20 years depending on the type of materials they are installed in, clay soil shortens the lifespan considerably. If you have a steel tank, many times the baffle inside the tank will rot and fall off and ruin a perfectly good drain field by allowing solids to flow into the drain field and plug up the soil that it drains into.
If you have any symptoms of a bad system and have questions, feel free to call us, even if we do not get the job we are always happy to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.
We Use Only The Best Materials For The Job
- Precast Concrete Septic Tanks & Distribution Boxes
- #2 & #3 Washed Stone
- Geotextile fabric.
Also, Plastic Septic tanks are an option if installation of a concrete tank is impossible.
We Install 4" Pipe System, Leach Bed Chambers & Bio Mats
We also install the Elgen Biomat System approved by the State Health Dept. for use near lakes and rivers and areas with less than adequate leach bed installation area.